Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wooden surfboard

This summer funds were kind of tight, so we decided to skip our annual camping trip in Colorado...

I have been surfing most days, for you that dont know, the summer is my slow season, so I dont book myself and let the guys work... It means more time with my family and friends...

To keep myself busy, I have been building my first wooden surfboard... I needed help as I have zero wood skills. I found Chad online at timeless surf. Chad has been there for every turn of the way, I bet I emailed him 2 or 3 times a day with questions. He gets back to e right away and off I go on another tangent..

Anyway, here are the pictures of my 9' 2" high performance longboard from start to almost finished( Laminating glassed)...I have about $100 in wood and about $160 in epoxy and glass...the rest is in about 200 man hours. Lots and lots of gluing and sanding...

I already love this game, so I have sold two of my regular surfboards to start my new board...10'2".

Gotta give most of the credit to Chad, I couldn't have done this without him.

Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment